151. Who was awarded the Man Booker Prize 2018 and for which book?
A) Anna Burns for Milkman
B) Daisy Johnson for Everything Under
C) Anna Burns for the Overstory
D) Daisy Johnson for The Long Take
152. Which picture won the 90th Academy Awards, honouring best films of the year 2017 across 24 categories?
A) The Silent Child
B) The Shape of Water
153. The total number of members nominated by the President to the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha is
154. China opened world’s longest Sea Bridge linking Hong Kong, Macau and Zhuhai. What is the total length of this bridge, which consists of an oversea stretch, an undersea tunnel and the remaining stretch on land?
A) 55 kms
155. Supreme Court declared Adultery as unconstitutional in a September 2018 judgement. For which section of the IPC was the above decision taken by the Apex court?
156. Which Indian Academy is promoting dance, drama and music?
A. Sahitya Academy
B. National School of Drama
C. Lalit Kala Academy
D. Sangeet Academy
157. In which year National Anthem was first sung?
158. The word ‘Satyameva Jayate’ is taken from __________
A. Yajur Veda
B. Mundaka Upanishad
C. Atharva Veda
D. Sam Veda
159. Boat race is part of which of the following festival?
160. Which novel Ravindra Nath Tagore won the Noble Prize for?
161. What is the name of Sikkim’s first airport launched by PM Modi? This airport is one of the five highest airports’ of the country and India’s 100th functional airport.
A) Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport
B) Birsa Munda Airport
C) Biju Patnaik International Airport
D) Pakyong Airport
162. Where was the 20th Water, Energy, Technology and Environment Exhibition held?
D) Sri Lanka
163. According to Henley Passport Index 2018, which country’s passport is the most powerful?
164. Who recently took oath as the CM of Meghalaya?
A) Biplab Kumar Deb
B) Conrad Sangma
C) Neiphiu Rio
D) Arvind Kejriwal
165. Who is the first rapper in history to be given a Pulitzer award? He won it in 2018.
A) Kendrick Lamar
B) Kayne West
166. What is the autobiography of VVS Laxman titled?
A) Numbers don’t lie
B) 281 and Beyond
C) Line and Strength
D) Controversially Yours
167. England’s highest run scorer announced his retirement from International cricket. Who is he?
A) Ian Bell
B) Steve Vaugh
C) Alastair Cook
D) Andrew Flintoff
168. Which bank launched the first interactive credit card with buttons?
A) IndusInd Bank
C) Royal Bank of Scotland
D) Bank of America
169. Which bank has set up digital Public Credit Registry to capture details of borrowers?
A) Federal Bank
C) World Bank
170. Which day is observed as World Day against trafficking in Persons?
A) January 18
B) June 24
C) November 5
D) July 30
171. “Delhi Chalo” was given by:
A) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
172. Who has won IBSF World Billiards Championship?
A) Ron Dooley
B) Johnny Archer
C) Pankaj Advani
D) Efren Ryes
173. India’s first Inland Waterways Terminal was inaugurated recently at which of the following place?
D) None of them
174. Which movie was selected as India’s official entry to the Oscars 2019 (91st Academy Awards) under Foreign Language Film category
A) Village Rockstars
B) Swarna Kamal
C) Mon Faguni
D) None of the above
175. Who was named as the flag bearer of the Indian contingent at 3rd Youth Olympic Games held in Buenos Aires, Argentina?
A) Manu Bhaker
B) Neeraj Chopra
C) Rani Rampal
D) Shiva Keshavan
176. 33rd Asean Summit was held in which of the following country?
177. Dudhwa National Park is situated in which Indian state?
178. Which place is not famous for oil refinery?
179. Where is the Headquarter of International Telecommunication union?
180. Imphal is the capital of which Indian state?
181. Which country’s index is KOSPI?
B) South Korea
Answer: South Korea
182. Which of the following index is not matched correctly?
(A) SET : Thailand
(B) JCI : Japan
(C) NASDAQ : America
(D) TSEC : Taiwan
183. What is called “Blue Chip”?
A) Companies which are run by large corporate houses
B) A company whose share usually provides profit
C) A multinational company
D) A company which is listed on a foreign stock exchange
184. Second nationalization of commercial banks in India took place in?
185. Who is the author of the book ‘A Bend in the River’?
a)V. S. Naipaul
c)John Kenneth Galbraith
186. Who is the author of the book ‘Akbarnama’?
d)Nirad C Choudhari
187. Who is the author of the book ‘A Passage to India’?
188. Which of the following committees does not consist of members from the Rajya Sabha?
a)Public Accounts Committee
c)Departmental Standing Committee
d)Committee on Public Undertakings
189. During which Five Year Plan was the system of mid-day meals commenced?
190. Which of the following groups of animals maintain constant body temperature in changing environmental conditions?
191. Which of the following is a tertiary activity?
192. Which is the highest literary award of the world?
A. Magsaysay Award
B. Booker Prize
C. Pulitzer Prize
D. Nobel Prize
193. Which body of UNO gives advisory opinion on legal matters to the bodies and special agencies of the UNO?
A. Trusteeship Council
B. International Court of Justice
C. The Security Council
194. Green park stadium is located in which city?
195. Which state has the largest urban population?
196. Which missile is designed to defend large installation like oil-fields etc. against enemy air attacks?
197. When was Mona Lisa painted by Leonardo da Vinci?
A. 1462 AD
B. 1492 AD
C. 1504 AD
D. 1516 AD
198. The headquarters of the International Red Cross is situated in which city?
199. When iron rusts, its weight will ______
C. No Change
D. All the above
200. Which is called as “Bengal’s sorrow”?
201. Brahadeeshwara temple was built by __________
202. Full form of TADA is
A. Traffic Allied Destructive Act
B. Terrorist and Dirruphre Activities (Prevention) Act
C. Tamil Nadu Association for Development Activities
D. Terrorist Allied Distribute Act
203. Devaluation of currency will be more beneficial if
A. prices of domestic goods remain constant
B. prices of exports remain constant
C. prices of imports remain constant
D. prices of exports rise proportionately
204. The centre recently appointed which committee as an institutional framework to curb sexual harassment at workplaces following #MeToo campaign social media?
A. Ashok Mehta committee
B. Naresh Chandra committee
C. Justice J.S.Verma committee
D. Balwant Rai Mehta committee
205. Which state has been recently awarded UN Food and agricultural Organisation future policy Gold award (Gold prize) for its achievement in becoming the world’s first totally organic agricultural state?
C. West Bengal
206. Which country is in the process of creating artificial moon to replace street lights?
207. Which state topped the ‘Ease of Living Index’ rankings launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs?
C. Andhra Pradesh
208. Which is the first place in India to come up with Railway station inside the tunnel?
D. Himachal Pradesh
209. Which bank gets top rank in digital transaction?
A. Punjab National Bank
B. Allahabad Bank
C. State Bank of India
D. Bank of Baroda
210. Who won FIFA U-20 women’s world cup 2018 held in France?
211. Who appointed as Australia’s new Prime Minister?
A. Tony Abbott
B. Malcolm Turnbull
C. Julia Gillard
D. Scott Morrison
212. Former UN-Secretary General Kofi Annan passes away. He is from?
213. Who appointed as the chairperson of National Commission for Women (NCW)?
A. Rekha Sharma
B. Lalitha Kumaramangalam
C. Jayanti Patnaik
D. Girija Vyas
214. Project ‘SWAYAM’ launched by which ministry?
A. Ministry of Finance
B. Ministry of HRD
C. Ministry of Agriculture
D. Ministry of Defence
215. Who was the flag bearer for the Indian contingent at the opening ceremony of the Asian Games 2018?
A. Bajrang Punia
B. Neeraj Chopra
C. Hima Das
D. Seema Punia
216. Who has been topped in BBC’s ‘Women Who Changed The World’s List’?
A. Emmeline Pankhurst
B. Marie curie
C. Rosa Parks
D. Mother Teresa
217. Which organization launches parker solar probe to touch SUN?
A. Russian Space Agency
C. Chinese Space Agency
218. Balloons are filled with which gas?
219. In case the President wishes to resign, to whom is he to address his resignation letter?
A. Chief Justice of India
B. Secretary of Lok Sabha
D. Prime Minister
220. Which among the following phenomena of light is associated with the appearance of blue color of the sky?
C. Total Internal Reflection
221. Which country is separated from Pakistan by the Durand Line?
222. Who acts as the President of India when neither the President nor the Vice President is available?
A. Senior most Governor of a State
B. Chief Justice of India
C. Speaker of Lok Sabha
D. Auditor General of India
223. National science Day is celebrated on which date in India?
A. March 1
B. April 21
C. February 28
D. June 23
224. The ratio of width of our National flag to its length is
225. Which of the following is the first indigenous silent film?
A. Alam Ara
B. Raja Harishchandra
C. Bhakta Prahlad
D. Mother India
1. Recently, Which country withdraws from United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)?
227. Which country becomes first country to Legalise Equal Pay?
228. Who is the chairman of ISRO?
A. Shiva K
B. Naresh Iyer
C. Vidya Kumar
D. Vikram Menon
229. Which CABE Sub-Committee on girl child education has recommended free education for girls up to PG level?
A. Himanta Sharma committee
B. Neera Yadav committee
C. Kadiam Srihari committee
D. Prakash Javadekar committee
230. What is the India’s rank at the latest World Economic Forum (WEF)’s Global Manufacturing Index (GMI)?
231. Which of the following country tops in the largest FDI source in 2016-17 as per the report of Reserve Bank of India?
232. Which music director honoured with the Padma Vibhushan award in Padma Awards 2018?
A. AR Rahman
B. Anirudh Ravichander
C. Shri Illaiyaraja
D. Gangai Amaren
233. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has initiated PCA against Allahabad Bank over its high bad loans. What does “PCA” stands for?
A. Prompt Control Action
B. Principal Complaints Action
C. Principal Component Action
D. Prompt Corrective Action
234. The Jawahar Sagar Dam is built across which river in Rajasthan?
A. Tapti river
B. Chambal river
C. Narmada river
D. Krishna river
235. The 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2018 was held in which Indian state?
236. The Chandrapur Super Thermal Power Station (CSTPS) is located in which state?
B. Madhya Pradesh
C. Tamil Nadu
237. Find out the right match between Organizations and their HQs
A. ADB 1. Washington DC
B. NDB 2. Abidjan
C. IMF 3. Shanghai
D. AfDB 4. Manila
a. A-4, B-2, C-1, D-3
b. A-2, B-3, C-1, D-4
c. A-4, B-3, C-1, D-2
d. A-1, B-2, C-4, D-3
238. Annual joint military exercise ‘Garuda Shakti’ is held between India and which country?
C. Sri Lanka
239. Which country has recently declared to impose a ‘carbon tax’ from 2019 to cut its greenhouse gas emissions?
240. Who is the first woman in the World to take 200 ODI Wickets?
A. Jhulan Goswami
B. Harmanpreet Kaur
C. Poonam Raut
D. Latika Kumari
241. M.S. Anantharaman, who passed away, was noted personality of which musical instrument?
242. Who has been conferred with the 5th edition of Yash Chopra Memorial Award 2018?
A. Anil Kapoor
B. Asha Bhosle
D. David Dhawan
243. Which country hosted the World Sustainable Development Summit– 2018?
A. South Africa
244. The Omkareshwar Dam is built on which river in Madhya Pradesh?
245. Find out the right match between MNCs and their HQs
a)A-4, B-1, C-2, D-3
b)A-2, B-1, C-4, D-3
c)A-3, B-2, C-4, D-1
d)A-1, B-4, C-2, D-3
246. The theme for 2018 World Environment day is ___.
A. Beat Plastic Pollution
B. Say no to plastic
D. Connecting People to Nature
247. Which railway zone has become the first Rail Zone in India with 100% LED Lighting at railway stations?
A. North Eastern Railway
B. South Central Railway
C. South Western Railway
D. North Central Railway
248. The Almatti Dam is built on which river in Karnataka?
A. Krishna River
B. Kaveri River
C. Godavari River
D. Brahmaputra River
249. Find out the right match between Sports and sports personalities:
a. A-2, B-4, C-1, D-3
b. A-4, B-3, C-2, D-1
c. A-3, B-4, C-1, D-2
d. A-3, B-4, C-2, D-1
250. by which year WHO Member-Countries Commit to End TB?
251. World Ocean Summit 2018 held in __________.
252. Which of the following has become the India’s first Union territory to run completely on solar power?
D. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
253. What is the theme of the 2018 International Women’s Day (IWD)?
A. Women in the Changing World of Work
B. Time is now: Rural and urban activists transforming women’s lives
C. Equality for Women is Progress for All
D. Planet 50-50 by 2030
254. Who won the best actress award at the 90th Academy Awards 2018?
A. Allison Jenney
B. Sally Hawkins
C. Saoirse Ronan
D. Frances McDormand
255. India, Bangladesh and ____sign Pact for Rooppur Atomic Plant recently.
256. Find out the wrong match between Brands and their ambassadors:
Aamir Khan: Vivo India
Amitabh Bachchan: The Muthoot Group
Virat Kohli: Uber India
Salman Khan: paisabazaar.com
257. Which Assamese Film bagged the best film award at the 65th National Film Awards for 2017?
B. Village Rockstar
D. Water Baby
258. Who of the following released a book ‘My Journey from Marxism-Leninism to Nehruvian Socialism’ by Economist C H. Hanumantha Rao?
A. L. K. Advani
B. Manmohan Singh
C. Pranab Mukherjee
D. Narendra Modi
259. Who has been chosen for the 2017 Saraswati Samman?
A. Vijay Tendulkar
B. Sitanshu Yashaschandra
C. Ramakanta Rath
D. Sri Ramayana Mahanveshanam
260. Dudhsagar Waterfalls is located in which state?
261. Who has been conferred with the 2017 Dadasaheb Phalke Award?
A. Shatrughan Sinha
B. Amitabh Bachchan
C. Vinod Khanna
D. Sri Devi
262. Where Gautama Buddha attained Nirvana (enlightenment)?
D. Bodh Gaya
263. First battle of Panipat was fought between?
A. Babur and Lodi
B. Akbar and Hemu
C. Mughal and British
D. Akbar and Lodi
264. The title Punjab Kesari was conferred on?
A. Lala Lajpat Rai
B. Sardar Baldev Singh
C. Bhagat Singh
D. Ranjit Singh
265. Who is known as “Father of Indian Renaissance”?
A. Lala Lajpat Rai
B. Raja Ram Mohan Roy
C. Shaheed Bhagat Singh
D. B. G. Tilak
266. Who founded Slave dynasty?
A. Razia Begum
C. Ibrahim Lodhi
D. Qutbuddin Aibak
267. The highest peak of South India is _____.
B. Anai Mudi
D. Mt. Abu
268. Ngultrum is a currency of which of the following counties?
269. Which among the following is a Cash Crop?
270. The total number of members nominated by the President to the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha is
271. Which one of the following does not constitute the Electoral College for electing the President of India?
A. Elected members of Lok Sabha
B. Elected members of the Legislative Assembly of each state.
C. Elected members of the Legislative Council
D. Elected members of Rajya Sabha
272. Which of the following is not correct regarding a Money Bill?
A. It can be introduced in either House of Parliament.
B. It can be passed by the Lok Sabha even if the Rajya Sabha rejects it.
C. It is deemed to have been passed by both Houses if it is not returned by the Rajya Sabha within 14 days.
D. It requires the prior approval of the President.
273. Which of the following states has the largest representation in the Lok Sabha?
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. Uttar Pradesh
274. Who acts as the President of India when neither the President nor the Vice President is available?
A. Senior most Governor of a State
B. Chief Justice of India
C. Speaker of Lok Sabha
D. Prime Minister of India
275. How many Indian cities are marked as the World’s 20 most polluted cities list as per data released by World Health Organisation (WHO)?
276. The 12th informal meeting of SAARC Finance Ministers was held in which country?
277. the most powerful Falcon 9 rocket that is certified to carry humans to space is launched by;
278. Which of the following organization bought Time Magazine in cash deal worth 190 million dollar?
279. in which city India’s first railway station run by solar power?
280. Stacey Cunningham was the 1st Woman Chief in Exchange history for which of the following?
C. London Stock Exchange
281. Who of the following has become the first Indian to be honoured with the Linnean Medal in Botany?
A. Sharachandra Lele
B. Kamaljit S. Bawa
C. R Siddappa Setty
D. P S Mathur
282. Who is the composer of National Anthem of Bangladesh?
A. Bankim Chandra Chatterji
B. Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay
C. Rabindranath Tagore
D. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
283. The International Labour Organisation is headquartered at
284. The leading silk producing state in India is
B. West Bengal
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. Himachal Pradesh
285. World Population Day is observed on which of the following dates?
A. May 1
B. May 11
C. July 1
D. July 11
286. Which of the following correctly describes the three types of justice referred to in the Preamble?
A. Economic, social and religious
B. Political, economic and religious
C. Social, economic and political
D. Social, religious and political
287. SAARC is headquartered at
C. New Delhi
288. Which among the following countries does not have veto power in the UN Security Council?
289. Where is the headquarters of Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) situated?
B. New York
C. Abu Dhabi
D. Kuwait City
290. Uber Cup is associated with which of the following games.
C. Table Tennis
291. Who is regarded as ‘The Father of Economics’?
A. J. M. Keynes
B. J. K. Galbraith
C. Vernon Smith
D. Adam Smith
292. The first person to walk in space is ___.
A. Neil Armstrong
B. A. A. Leonov
C. Yuri Gagarin
D. Edwin Aldrin
293. Which constitutional amendment is called the ‘Mini Constitution’?
A. 42nd Amendment
B. 43rd Amendment
C. 44th Amendment
D. 45th Amendment
294. Which country tops ease of doing business report 2019?
C. New Zealand
295. Name of the Indian Sculptor who designed the world’s tallest statue ‘Statue of Unity’.
A. P V Janakiram
B. A M Davierwalla
C. Satish Gujral
D. Ram V. Sutar
296. Which union territory falls under jurisdiction of Calcutta High Court?
C. West Bengal
D. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
297. The only Indian film which has been included in BBC’s 100 best foreign language films list of the 21st century?
B. Apur Panchali
C. Pather Panchali
D. Rang de Basanti
298. India’s first nuclear-powered submarine completed its first deterrence patrol recently. The name of the Submarine is;
A. INS Arihant
B. INS Kalvari
C. INS Sindhuvijay
D. INS Arighat
299. Mahila-E-Haat online portal to promote women farmers and entrepreneurs launched by which ministry?
A. Ministry of Human Resource Development
B. Ministry of Women and Child Development
C. Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
D. Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
300. The first-ever Sustainable Blue Economy Conference 2018 held in __________.